Shirl the Pearl 2020 release, a seasonal edition Kumquat Gin with fresh uplifting notes, zesty characteristics, and a long finish. Expect refreshing waves of orange blossom.
Eddie’s grandmother Shirley aka ‘Shirl the Pearl’ was a pocket rocket. Adventurer, skier, and one of Australia’s first female pilots, Shirl also made a mean bootleg Kumquat Gin. Inspired by Shirl, we steep locally grown Kumquats in our Brookie’s Dry Gin for several months and balance the spirit to create springtime in a glass! This is her recipe and an ode to Shirl the Pearl. Only 650 bottles produced, so get in quick!
All pricing is GST inclusive.
Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
Some fun facts about Shirl the Pearl:
• Made from Kumquats, this grape-sized fruit fills your mouth with a big burst of citrus flavour
• Unlike other citrus fruits, the skin of the Kumquats is paper-thin and edible
• Kumquats are steeped in Brookie’s Byron Dry Gin and macerated for several months
• Blended with Mount Warning Spring Water and bottled at 32% ABV
• Expect refreshing waves of orange blossom with fresh & zesty characteristics
• SIP Awards 2020 – SILVER
There are no reviews yet.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.